Tejal S. Desai
Tejal S. Desai joined Latimer LeVay Fyock LLC in August 2010. Tejal practices primarily as a commercial litigator, with a focus on loan workouts and foreclosures for both lenders and borrowers, the appointment and representation of receivers in business and foreclosure actions, mechanics lien and construction disputes, insolvency, and creditors rights. Tejal has been involved in all facets of loan workouts, including loan modifications, forbearance agreements, consent foreclosures, and deed in lieu of foreclosures. She also represents creditors in contested Chapter 11 and Chapter 13 bankruptcy proceedings. She has also represented and successfully defended lenders in lien priority disputes, title disputes, and mechanics lien litigation.
Summary of Professional Experience and Representative Clients:
- Drafted and negotiated numerous loan transactions, including loan agreements, promissory notes, mortgages, modification of mortgages, UCC Financing Statements, and forbearance agreements.
- Prepared default notices, demand notices, and other regulatory notices to be issued to borrowers.
- Reviewed and analyzed numerous commercial loan documents and advised clients on their respective rights and remedies under and enforceability of the loan documents.
- Represented and defended lenders and borrowers in contested commercial foreclosures, residential foreclosures, breach of contract cases, and declaratory judgment actions in Cook, Lake, McHenry, Will, DuPage, and other collar counties.
- Represented and defended creditors in all aspects of Chapter 7, Chapter 11 and Chapter 13 bankruptcy cases, including conducting evidentiary hearings on valuation of real estate.
- Conducted a trial in a contested Chapter 7 bankruptcy case seeking to find a debt non-dischargeable on the basis of fraud.
- Reviewed and analyze numerous construction contracts and advise clients on respective rights and obligations under the contract.
Represented and defended contractors in construction disputes in Cook, Lake, McHenry, Will, DuPage, and other collar counties, including disputes arising under the Illinois Mechanics Lien Act.
- Drafted required notices and demands under Illinois Mechanics Lien Act.
Bar and Court Admissions
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, 2003
DePaul University, J.D., 2003
Iowa State University, B.S., 1999
Chicago Bar Association
Real Estate Investment Association