Saskia Nora Bryan
Saskia Nora Bryan joined Latimer LeVay Fyock LLC in February of 2006. Saskia practices primarily as a commercial litigator, specializing in employment law. She has represented both employers and employees in litigation, as well as provided counsel to resolve disputes and address employment issues prior to litigation. Her practice also includes corporate transactional work, particularly in the area of employment, but also in advocating on behalf of clients in lease negotiations, asset purchase agreements, and new entity formation. Some of the specific matters Saskia has worked on include:
- Conducting a contested hearing for preliminary injunction seeking to enforce a restrictive covenant (non-compete and confidentiality provisions)Defending and taking numerous depositions of both party witnesses and unrelated parties to litigation.
- Overseeing and coordinating discovery multi-party, complex commercial litigation matter including review and organization of thousands of documents.
- Advising on and drafting organizational documents for a limited liability company, including operating agreement and lease.
- Defending employers at the Department of Labor, the Department of Human Rights, and the Equal. Employment Opportunity Commission against charges for wages, discrimination, and other employment disputes.
- Successfully defending a tax assessment at the Illinois Department of Revenue against an individual shareholder of the taxpayer corporation.
- Drafting and negotiating numerous employment documents, non-compete agreements, restrictive covenants, separation agreements and releases.
- Advising clients on employment, personnel, and human resources matters, including worker’s compensation claims, confidentiality concerns, personnel records and access, termination and severance, investigation into complaints and claims of workplace harassment and/or discrimination.
- Drafting employment manuals and handbooks.
Saskia is authorized to practice before the state and federal courts in Illinois as well as before administrative bodies and arbitration organizations. Saskia is a graduate of Northwestern University School of Law, in 1998, and earned her Bachelor of Arts in literature and philosophy from the University of North Carolina at Asheville in 1995.