Richard A. Saldinger
Richard joined the Litigation Practice Group at Latimer LeVay Fyock in February 2017 as a Partner. Richard concentrates his practice in the areas of commercial litigation, employment-related litigation, contested probate litigation, bankruptcy-related litigation and family law matters. With more than twenty years of experience, Richard prides himself on his ability to adjust his litigation strategy to meet his clients’ needs and goals. Richard has aggressively and successfully litigated numerous disputes through trial. While at other times, Richard has found unique methods to resolve controversies quickly and efficiently for his clients.
Summary of Professional Experience
- All aspects of commercial litigation including, but not limited to, contract, negligence and fraud claims, breach of fiduciary duty claims, defamation and replevin actions, lender liability claims, and construction and real estate disputes.
- Representing both employers and employees in employment-related litigation such as alleged trade secret misappropriation, alleged violation of non-compete and restrictive covenant agreements, WARN Act matters, and wrongful termination claims.
- Probate litigation including contested supplementary proceedings, will contests and estate inventory disputes.
- Bankruptcy-related litigation including prosecuting and defending against fraudulent transfer and preference actions.
- Representing individuals in marital dissolution proceedings involving joint parenting and custodial matters, child support and maintenance disputes, business valuations and the overall division of marital assets.
Examples of Richard’s Recent Successes
- After a six day evidentiary hearing, defeated preliminary injunction motion seeking to enjoin former employees and new employer from competing in same market against former employer.
- Achieving favorable settlement in favor of financial institution who participated in $180 million equipment lease financing that was the centerpiece of a fraudulent Ponzi scheme.
- Four day bench trial resolving the ownership interests in a 50 year old family restaurant business.
- Jury verdict in favor of the lone defendant in a $1.5 million breach of contract lawsuit.
- $11 million judgment in favor of a Committee of Unsecured Creditors of a leading manufacturer of dry van trailers.
Examples of Richard’s Recent Representations
- Defending former officer of Fortune 500 company against breach of fiduciary duty claims
- Defending financial institution against breach of contract claims filed by participants in multi-million dollar loan
- Representing Receiver in several litigation matters seeking the recovery of assets fraudulently transferred by insolvent financing company
- Representing Bankruptcy Trustee in numerous adversary proceedings arising out of $200 million fraudulent Ponzi scheme resulting in bankruptcy of financial investment firm
- Representing member of LLC pursuing multi-million dollar contract and fraud claims arising out of major redevelopment construction project in the City of Chicago
- Richard is admitted to the Illinois bar, and has also been admitted to the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, the U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit.
- Richard received his B.S. degree, magna cum laude, in 1988 from the Business School at the University of Illinois, and he earned his Juris Doctor, with honors, from the University of Illinois in 1992.
- Richard has recently received and accepted an invitation from The Litigation Counsel of America, which is a trial lawyer honorary society. Richard has been repeatedly named an Illinois Super Lawyer, and he is currently a member of the Chicago Bar Association and American Bar Association.