Mr. Cham is a Partner at Latimer LeVay Fyock LLC. He concentrates his practice in the areas of tax planning, trust and estate administration, probate, minor and adult guardianship, estate and trust litigation, asset protection planning, general corporate and business transactions and business succession planning.
Mr. Cham advises a wide variety of clients to meet their personal, financial and business needs, such as small to medium sized family owned or closely-held businesses, business owners and their families, c-suite executives and other professionals and families with minor or special needs children.
Summary of Professional Experience and Representative Clients:
- Prepared a variety of trusts for high net worth individuals and clients, including: revocable living trusts, irrevocable life insurance trusts; asset protection trusts; grantor retained annuity trusts; generation-skipping trusts; intentionally defective grantor trusts; personal irrevocable trusts; qualified personal residence trusts; special needs trusts; and qualified domestic trusts.
- Prepared ancillary estate planning documents, including simple and pour-over wills, healthcare and property powers of attorney, assignment of personal items and other estate planning documents.
- Advised small and medium sized business owners on general corporate matters, including businesses in the hospitality, retail, manufacturing and design, real estate investment, tech and professional service industries.
- Prepared corporate documents for small and medium sized business owners related to formation of limited liability companies, s-corporations, and limited partnerships and business succession planning, including buy-sell agreements, asset freeze techniques, transfer or sale of assets to family members or 3rd parties while minimizing income, estate and gift taxes.
- Worked with family members in guardianship of minor, adult and special needs children, disabled parents and other individuals families.
- Litigated estate and trust controversies, including matters representing beneficiaries or fiduciaries in complex estate contests and trust disputes for actions involving the admission or denial of Wills in probate, appointment of executors, undue influence, tortious interference with an expectancy, breach of fiduciary duty, self-dealing and payment of fees.
- Drafted pre-nuptial and post-nuptial agreements.
- Prepared estate tax returns (IRS Form 706) and gift tax returns (IRS Form 709).
- Handled estate and trust administration; including probate administration; initiated a variety of intestate and testate probate matters in Cook, Lake, McHenry, Will, DuPage and other collar counties; and represented executors, administrators, heirs and legatees in contested and uncontested trust and estate matters.
Bar and Court Admissions
University of Illinois, J.D., 2000
James Madison College at Michigan State University, B.S., 1997
American Bar Association
Chicago Bar Association
Illinois State Bar Association