Mark E. Shure
Mark E. Shure concentrates his practice in the areas of commercial litigation, estate and trust litigation, creditor’s rights and bankruptcy. Prior to joining Latimer LeVay Fyock LLC, Mr. Shure was a partner in the Chicago office of McDermott, Will & Emery and a principal in the law firm of Keating & Shure, Ltd. Mark is AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell.
Summary of Professional Experience and Representative Clients:
- Represented several large student loan guarantees in several class actions around the country involving issues of loan enforceability.
- Represented several banks in pursuing and defending claims involving secured and unsecured commercial loans.
- Represented several large construction contractors in pursuing contract and mechanic’s lien claims against property owners and lenders.
- Represented several beneficiaries in trust and estate disputes involving claims of undue influence, ademption and fraud.
- Represented numerous creditors, both secured and unsecured, in bankruptcy and insolvency proceedings.
- Represented both employer and employees in lawsuits involving claims for breach of fiduciary duty and breach of restrictive covenants.
- Represented several small business owners in contested litigation involving shareholder remedies, judicial dissolution, and contractual buyouts.
- Represented both plaintiffs and defendants in claims involving misappropriations of trade secrets and violations of confidentiality covenants.
- Represented franchisers and franchisees in disputes over the interpretation and enforceability of franchise agreements.
- Represented both condominium associations and unit owners in condominium disputes involving condominium declarations and by-laws.
Bar and Court Admissions
United States Supreme Court, 2004
United States Courts of Appeal for the Fourth (2003), Seventh (1985), Ninth (2002) and District of Columbia (1993) Circuits
United States District Courts for Northern (1987) and Central (2001) Districts of Illinois
Loyola University, J.D. cum laude, 1984
Northern Illinois University, B.S., summa cum laude, 1980
Federal Bar Association