Kenneth M. Bloom
Kenneth M. Bloom, a partner in the firm, is rated among the top six percent of Illinois estate planning attorneys, as selected by his peers and the American Research Corporation, and has received the highest rating of distinction by the Martindale-Hubbell Legal Directory. Ken is listed in the Who’s Who in American Law as well as the National Register of Who’s Who in Executives and Professionals. In addition, Ken was named to the exclusive roll of 2007-2015 Illinois Super Lawyers. Ken lectures extensively and is regularly published in several journals including those published by the American Bar Association (ABA) and the Chicago Bar Association, as well as the Chicago Tribune. In addition, Ken has attended the Stetson University Law School’s Special Needs Trust Symposium for many years and is active with the Special Needs Alliance, an invitation-only national group of attorneys dedicated to meeting the estate planning needs of the disabled.
Summary of Services
- Handles estate planning services, including wills, trusts, powers of attorney, and business succession planning.
- Counsels clients with up-to-the-minute advice that will protect their assets during their lifetime and for their family after the client’s death.
- Provides services including: choosing the proper corporate entity; formation of the corporate entity; drafting and filing articles of incorporation; drafting partnership agreements, LLC operating agreements, and corporate by-laws;buying and selling existing businesses; purchasing and leasing assets and real property in conjunction with your business; negotiating, drafting, and executing business contracts; and planning as it relates to tax issues.
- Provides tax law services including income, trust, gift and estate tax planning.
- Ken works with clients to minimize taxes utilizing installment sales, private annuities, deferred payment arrangements, and tax-deferred exchanges.
- Assists families with planning for disabled adults and children through creating special needs trusts, asset planning and coordination of private and public resources. Ken helps families to maximize resources and enhance quality of life for loved ones