Judith Segler Schmittgens
Judith Segler Schmittgens is Of Counsel with the firm. Judith previously worked as an associate for Keating and Shure, a commercial litigation firm, from 1997 through 2010. Prior to that, she was a Senior Counsel and Assistant Vice President at Interstate National Corporation (a division of Fireman’s Fund Insurance Companies), where she managed the Government Affairs Department, and also handled lawsuits involving the company.
Summary of Professional Experience and Representative Clients:
- Represented several large student loan guarantees in several class actions around the country involving issues of loan enforceability.
- Represented several banks in pursuing and defending claims involving secured and unsecured commercial loans.
- Represented several large construction contractors in pursuing contract and mechanic’s lien claims against property owners and lenders.
- Represented numerous creditors, both secured and unsecured, in bankruptcy and insolvency proceedings.
- Represented both employer and employees in lawsuits involving claims for breach of fiduciary duty and breach of restrictive covenants.
- Represented several small business owners in contested litigation involving shareholder remedies, judicial dissolution, and contractual buyouts.
- Represented both plaintiffs and defendants in claims involving misappropriations of trade secrets and violations of confidentiality covenants.
- Represented franchisers and franchisees in disputes over the interpretation and enforceability of franchise agreements.
- Represented both condominium associations and unit owners in condominium disputes involving condominium declarations and by-laws.
Bar and Court Admissions
Indiana University School of Law, J.D., 1983
Illinois State University, B.S., 1980