Chris joined Latimer LeVay Fyock LLC as an Associate in January 2015 and concentrates his practice in real estate, business and corporate planning and transactions, estate planning and probate administration.
His clients include small and mid-sized businesses and their principals, condominium associations, chambers of commerce, and real estate developers and investors. Chris has worked in the real estate industry for over ten years and draws on his experience as both a real estate broker and attorney to provide comprehensive strategy, insight and counsel to his clients.
He is an alumnus of the John Marshall Law School (2009) and of the University of Illinois at Chicago (2005). He currently serves as Treasurer on the Executive Board of the John Marshall Law School Alumni Association and is a member of the Illinois State Bar Association and Chicago Bar Association, including the CBA’s Condominium Subcommittee.
Summary of Professional Experience
- Representation of sellers and purchasers in residential, commercial and industrial real estate transactions
- Representation of landlords and tenants in negotiations of residential and commercial leases, including those for retail and office space, restaurants and manufacturing facilities
- Representation of litigants in real estate disputes, including actions to quiet title, partition suits, commercial foreclosure matters, forcible entry and detainer cases and municipal code violation hearings
- Representation of condominium associations as well as unit owners in a variety of condominium law matters
- Representation of condominium associations and property owners in real estate tax appeal petitions
- Representation of sellers and purchasers in corporate and commercial transactions including stock and asset sales and acquisitions
- Representation of existing companies and start-ups involving business planning, choice of entity and capital structure
- Representation of businesses regarding ongoing corporate, employment and commercial concerns
- Representation of clients relative to a wide array of estate planning needs
- Representation of executors, heirs and other parties in the administration of both intestate and testate decedent’s estates
1. Legal Aspects to Consider When Buying and Selling a Business
2. Chris Cali Podcast: