Cary R. Latimer
Cary R. Latimer is a Partner of Latimer LeVay Fyock LLC. Cary’s practice has a particular emphasis on representing entrepreneurs, investors and closely held and emerging businesses.
Cary advises his clients on legal and business issues including corporate formation and capital structure; financing strategies; corporate governance and other corporate strategic planning; and real estate acquisition and disposition. Cary counsels companies through all stages of growth, including formation, capital raises, and negotiating and consummating vendor and employee agreements, as well as acquisitions, dispositions, mergers, and asset and stock acquisitions.
In addition to structuring and representing many closely held and emerging businesses, Cary also provides counsel on estate and wealth planning strategies. Cary’s representation of closely held and emerging businesses has allowed him to serve as a trusted advisor to his clients on estate planning and the succession of ownership for family-owned and closely held businesses.
Summary of Professional Experience and Representative Clients:
- Represented closely-held business and their owners in connection with transfers of ownership interests and the acquisition and disposition of businesses and business divisions, including stock and asset sales.
- Consulted with and represented all forms of business with their day-to-day corporate and business legal needs, including advising on employee matters; contract and vendor matters; and disputes with customers and suppliers.
- Represented small and emerging businesses in connection with corporate formation issues and initial capital raise issues, including advising on type of entity, drafting of shareholders agreements and operating agreements, and preparing related materials.
- Worked extensively with the owners of closely held businesses in connection with their estate plans and succession plans for their business.
- Worked with accomplished professionals and high net-worth individuals in their estate planning, including the drafting of wills, living and irrevocable trusts, powers of attorney and other related documents and materials.
- Represented successful business owners and entrepreneurs in connection with their personal matters, including the transfer and acquisition of residential real estate.
- Represented owners of real estate holdings in connection with the transfer of large commercial properties, including customary acquisitions and dispositions as well as tax deferred exchanges.
- Represented a variety of businesses in connection with their day-to-day real estate needs, including the leasing of office and industrial properties and advising regarding transactions outside of the ordinary course of business.
Bar and Court Admissions
Loyola University School of Law, J.D., 1997
University of Michigan, B.A., 1994
American Bar Association