Brian D. LeVay
Brian D. LeVay is a partner of Latimer LeVay Fyock LLC. Brian concentrates his practice in the areas of real estate, corporate and business transactions and commercial litigation. Brian provides personalized attention and counsel to his clients, primarily middle market companies, entrepreneurs and investors, offering practical and creative advice pertinent to his clients’ business concerns. Brian often acts as an outside general counsel to his clients who come to rely on his advice and business judgment in many aspects of their business and personal concerns.
Brian is a 1985 graduate of Tufts University in Medford, Massachusetts, and earned his Juris Doctor at Washington University School of Law in St. Louis, Missouri in 1988.
Brian is AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell.
Summary of Professional Experience
- An array of commercial litigation matters, including those involving restrictive covenants, injunctions, breach of contract, RICO, title insurance claims and mortgage foreclosure.
- A wide range of commercial transactions, including the sale and acquisition of businesses and real property.
- Financial transactions on behalf of both borrowers and lenders.
- Sophisticated commercial real estate transactions, including matters related to financing and construction on behalf of buyers, sellers and developers.
- The conversion of multi-unit residential properties into condominiums, including the preparation of property reports.
- Sophisticated like-kind (1031) exchanges, including reverse exchanges.
- Structuring, negotiating and documenting employment relationships for both employers and employees, including restrictive covenants and employee handbooks and manuals.
- Counsel to and representation of title companies relative to title insurance claims and other business disputes.
- Assignments for the Benefit of Creditors.
- Counseling clients with respect to minority-owned and women-owned businesses.
- Representation of professional athletes.
- Drafting and negotiating commercial and residential leases on behalf of landlords and tenants.
- Representing, counseling and documenting relative to the raising of capital for start-up and existing businesses.
- Counsel to and representation of condominium and townhouse associations.