Brian D. LeVay
Brian D. LeVay is a founder and the managing member of Latimer LeVay Fyock LLC. He concentrates his practice in the areas of business transactions, general corporate law, real estate and commercial litigation. Brian provides personalized attention and counsel to his clients, primarily middle market companies, entrepreneurs and financial institutions, offering practical and creative advice pertinent to his clients’ business concerns. He often acts as an outside general counsel to his clients who come to rely on his advice and business judgment in many aspects of their business and personal concerns.
Summary of Professional Experience and Representative Clients:
- A wide range of business transactions, including the sale and acquisition of businesses.
- Financial and loan transactions on behalf of lenders and borrowers.
- Sophisticated commercial real estate transactions, including matters related to financing and construction.
- Sophisticated like-kind (1031) exchanges, including reverse exchanges.
- Structuring, negotiating and documenting employment relationships, including restrictive covenants and employee handbooks.
- An array of commercial litigation matters, including those involving restrictive covenants, injunctions, breach of contract, RICO, title insurance claims, mortgage foreclosure and evictions.
- Assignments for the Benefit of Creditors.
- Counseling clients with respect to minority-owned and women-owned businesses.
- Representation of professional athletes.
- Drafting and negotiating commercial and residential leases on behalf of landlords and tenants.
- Representing, counseling and documenting to the raising of capital for start-up and existing businesses.
Bar and Court Admissions
Washington University in St. Louis, J.D., 1988
Tufts University, B.A., 1985
Real Estate Investment Association
Super Lawyer 2018